WATERFORD, CONN.: Eugene O’Neill Theater Center, National New Play Network, the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival, and Stage Directors and Choreographers Foundation have jointly announced the selection of five directors from a nationwide pool of applicants for the 2018 National Directors Fellowship. They are:
- Arpita Mukherjee, artistic director of the Congressional Award-winning Hypokrit Theatre Company
- Tatiana Pandiani, an Argentine-born, NYC-based director and choreographer
- Mei Ann Teo, a Singaporean-American theatre/filmmaker who works at the intersection of artistic/civic/contemplative practice to shift culture towards justice and compassion
- Hannah Wolf, a Los Angeles based director, dramaturg, and creative producer originally from Juneau, Alaska
- Jenna Worsham, a New York-based stage director and activist, with a focus on new work and radically inclusive reimagined classics
Said Wendy C. Goldberg, NDF program director, in a statement: “I am excited to introduce these five directors as the latest recipients of the National Directors Fellowship. For the fourth year it was an incredibly competitive process, which is a reminder of the profound need for this program. There is nothing quite like NDF for directors who are focusing on new work, and I’m honored to be working with these artists.”
Founded in 2015, NDF is 18 months of practical, hands-on training and mentorship, and concludes with a professional directing opportunity. Fellowships will begin at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center in July 2018, with workshops and professional development opportunities throughout the year, culminating with a professional directing post within the wide-ranging network of National New Play Network member theatres.
Support American Theatre: a just and thriving theatre ecology begins with information for all. Please join us in this mission by making a donation to our publisher, Theatre Communications Group. When you support American Theatre magazine and TCG, you support a long legacy of quality nonprofit arts journalism. Click here to make your fully tax-deductible donation today!