NEW YORK CITY: Theatre Development Fund (TDF) has announced that the TDF Costume Collection Rental Program, which maintains an inventory of more than 80,000 costumes and accessories available to rent by nonprofits, will reopen for in-person and mail-order services on Aug. 4. The reopening will be in accordance with the state’s Reopening New York Plan and will have restrictions in place to maintain the health and safety of visitors and staff.
“Because there are productions occurring around the country that are reinventing the experience of live theatre, including virtual shows, there continues to be interest in renting our costumes,” said Stephen Cabral, director of the TDF Costume Collection, in a statement. “With new safety measures in place to maintain the health and well-being of our customers and staff, we decided now is the time to reopen our doors. It’s important that our services be available as film and TV productions restart, and the demand for print and digital media projects increases. The TDF Collection has been here for our customers for more than 40 years, and we will continue to be here, ready to serve, when needed.)
TDF will be implementing the following changes and guidelines:
- Appointments: All customers and visitors to the Costume Collection are now required to schedule an appointment made at least 24 hours in advance. (Limited number of spaces per day, as well as number of people—max of 2—per appointment.) These names with appointments will be given to Kaufman Astoria Studios (KAS) security for admittance to the studio.
- Hours: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, by appointment only.
- Health Screenings: When arriving at the main studio entrance gate, KAS procedures include a Wellness Checkpoint with mandatory temperature check and digital signed questionnaire, as well as required face coverings at all times.
- PPE: All visitors are required to wear a mask or face covering in order to enter the KAS back-lot, all KAS common areas, and at all times within the TDF Costume Collection.
- Social Distancing: Customers will be asked and expected to maintain a distance of at least six feet from customers outside of their own party. Floor markings, stations, and other newly implemented space configurations will aid in this process.
- Rentals: While most rental guidelines remain the same, there will now be contactless checkout and new mandatory dry cleaning rules for any item that leaves the facility, plus extended availability on mail order services as well as a new curbside pick-up option.
Questions or requests for more information can be directed to email@example.com or 212-989-5855.